I was only a little surprised to see this amazing list of DIY body scrubs on my favorite protein bar company’s blog. Have ya’ll tried Perfect Bars? 😋They are AMAAAAAZING…. and they have a pretty impressive ingredient list (as well as being NonGMO, gluten free, and low Glycemic Index)
As always, if you want maximum benefit when doing something good for yourself (like a Perfect Bar or a DIY body scrub), choose quality ingredients.
I only use Young Living essential oils for a variety of reasons:
1. I trust Young Living and have been to 5 of their farms. Show me any company that will open up their production facility/farm to the public on nearly any given day, and you’ll have my full attention.
2. If I’m going to ask an oil to “do ” something, I’m going to darn sure make sure it’s high quality. You know that saying….. “you can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear”? The same hold true with oils. You will get what you pay for. I use my oils in ways that yield remarkable results….. but only because high quality tools make all the difference.
3. Have you ever researched what it takes to keep the “active” part of an oil “active” in the distillation process? I was like … and …and😍 about 8 years ago when I went down that rabbit hole for the first time. There is an ENORMOUS difference in what an essential oil is capable of doing if it has been grown free of harsh chemicals and fertilizers in untainted soil, harvested at the right time of day and year, distilled at the right temperature, pressure, and time, with the right equipment (stainless steel and glass) versus something produced under dubious conditions possibly mixed with who knows what.
4. If you are 👩⚕️ like me, you’ll appreciate these books as a great place to start learning:
📚 Aromatherapy for Health Professionals (by Price)
📚 Clinical Aromatherapy (by Jane Buckle) – often used as a text book for aromatherapy certification for nurses.
📚 Evidence Based Essential Oil Therapy (by Johnson)
(It’s amazing how much of this information they scrub or bury on the internet. That’s what happens when something works really well for our health but doesn’t contribute to the Medical Industrial Complex wealth. )
5. Personal Empowerment. Once the skills our great grandparents (and beyond) have been revived, there is no turning your back on the knowledge now in place. Education is my jam and I love helping others find their way.
If you’re curious, and want to know more, there is no time like the present to learn. Let’s chat.