August, friends! We blinked and it’s here. Summer is going by way too fast, and I know many kids and teachers are going back to school in less than two weeks. Time slow down pretty please!
I always have fun guessing at the theme of the monthly promos… if I was going to put a name to it, I’d give it an acronym, SSRI . The pharmacist in me just had a belly laugh (look up SSRI, and you’ll see what I mean as you read )
In our little world for the month of August, SSRI means free products that are all about:
1. Free Loyalty Reward points…. I’m completely invigorated any time I can save money on something I buy regularly. Who doesn’t love to save money? Guys and gals, if you are not using the Loyalty reward opportunity, you are missing out. Identify where you want to improve in your health life, and when you purchase healthy products (oils, supplements, skin care, non toxic household cleaner, cosmetics, snacks, etc), you receive points that are literally money in your pocket for more free products. In the current recession/inflation state we are in economically, there are two things that are important: staying healthy and saving money! None of us can afford not to do both.
2. Eucalyptus Globulous…. one of my favorite scents because it smells like a spa….. fresh, clean, and invigorating. Eucalyptus is an interesting tree…. the Australian Aborigines are masterful healers using the tools available to them in nature. They use the leaves of the eucalyptus trees as wound cover because of its disinfecting properties. Maybe a few drops of this beautiful oil in a spray bottle (mix with water and a little witch hazel or vodka as a clean alcohol base), and you’ve got a good, clean smelling spray for stinky shoes, exercise equipment, etc. Bonus points…. it’s very handy as a bug repellant. Eucalyptus trees have been planted strategically in parts of North Africa to successfully block the spread of malaria in those areas. It’s a little too early for cold and flu season, but don’t forget it’s on your shelf when that time rolls around…. Dilute with a carrier oil and apply to chest and bottoms of feet for congestion relief!
3.Patchouli is a member of the mint family, though it definitely doesn’t smell like peppermint or spearmint! It has an earthy smell to it. Interestingly, patchouli is the only essential oil whose fragrance improves as it ages, and it is a common additive in $100+ commercial perfumes. (Please, for the love of your health, learn to mix your own perfumes and colognes….. I can help you do this. Commercial perfumes are LOADED with endocrine disruptors ) Patchouli has many health benefits…. regarding that SSRI reference, did you know that there have been many interesting studies examining patchouli’s effects on both the dopamine and serotonin? Here are links to two of them: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35631434/ and https://iopscience.iop.org/…/1742-6596/1321/2/022039/pdf . Patchpuli also has a history of benefitting the skin. I often add a few drops to my DIY face serum recipe… remember…. what you put on your skin has a direct effect throughout your body! Same with diffusing… things happen . Patchouli pairs well with lavender, orange, cedarwood, lemon, grapefruit, rose, ylang ylang, sandalwood (and many more!)
4. Charcoal Mask….. have you tried this yet? Well, now’s your chance for free! Charcoal is a magnificent detoxifier, and a great way to soak up extra oil and exfoliate skin. (Word of caution… don’t apply to sunburned skin!). Other things we’ve used this mask for….. as a pit paste detox. If you’ve got stinky pits, it’s past time to work on detoxification. That’s your body speaking to you in it’s outside voice . A little dab on acne spots, and even a dab on bug stings and bites works well!
5. Satin Facial Scrub….. This face scrub feels sooooooo good on the skin. Peppy and invigorating. Have you tried it yet? It gently exfoliates and leaves my face tingly and fresh!
6. Thieves Kitchen and Bath Scrub. Honestly….. they should have called this the “Everything Scrub”. I’ve even had good luck using it on some hard to treat stains on laundry, on hubcaps, and outdoors on concrete stains (Thank you Kristine Lucius for that suggestion!) . It rapidly became a fast favorite for many of us when it was introduced a year or so ago. It’s powerful but also gentle (and of course, completely nontoxic!).
7. Super B! If you know…. you know. Young Living has so many natural energy enhancers, and Super B is one of those. I was talking to a friend a few days ago, and we were talking about the two things people complain about the most…… lack of sleep and lack of energy. Ha! They go hand in hand, right? On the months that Super B isn’t free, this is a fantastic and economical way to get a healthy energy boost in your day. Chronic stress contributes to the depletion of B vitamins in our body, and unless you are an extraordinarily conscientious eater, there’s a decent likelihood your B load is subpar. Additionally, we need B’s for helping regulate blood sugar, nervous system function, hormone production, energy production, and more. Bonus points for also containing small amounts selenium and zinc, two necessary trace minerals needed for a healthy immune system, pancreas and thyroid function.
Has one or more of these items already rocked your world? Please share your favorite story so we can learn from one another!
Have a beautiful and healthy Monday!
(PS: Not familiar with the Loyalty Rewards program? Message me for more info!)
(Join the health journey! https://yl.pe/beablessing)