t’s me again… Your Wellness Prepper…. getting a little personal early on today! I’m going to talk about one of the most toxin laden sites on our bodies…. a site that needs some desperate help and is oft’ overlooked when it comes to health and wellness.
So, today’s the day we start thinking about detoxing ….our pits (yes, armpits!). Using standard commercial deodorant/antiperspirants are one of the most toxic things you can do to your body. Why?
- Because of the chemicals in most commercial deodorants (especially the aluminum based ones,)
- Because our armpits are highly populated with lymph nodes…. lymph nodes help remove and transport toxins and fight infection in our bodies, and they cannot work well if they are clogged with the ingredients in your current deodorant.
Why put a toxic product so close to your breasts?….. We need to be protecting and supporting our “girls” instead of hurting them! Right??
My challenge to you as we begin cleaning up our lives is to give an alternative product a chance, but first… DETOX! When switching over to safer deodorant, most of our initial body odor comes from not detoxing first, so when you first switch to a healthier deodorant… your switch may be short lived, simply because (without detoxing), odor will erupt from your pits!! So let’s do this right…..and begin by detoxing. THEN, after you have done this at least once (it may take more than once), begin using an alternative and CLEAN deodorant. Here is a great article on how to detox effectively.. And after you’ve done that, it’s time to clean up our act and give our pits a little love. How?
- Make your own safe deodorant! (there are tons of EO deodorant recipes on line to try, but these will get you started).
- Use Thieves Toothpaste…. yes people, a little dab will do ya’! What’s good for your mouth is also good for your pits! It is like free flying at first (very cool), but no odor and works like a charm if you don’t mind the initial cool feeling after first applying. If you are an uncomplicated traveler, you will find this solution to be ideal! One product = two jobs
- Young Living sells clean deodorants too… Aromaguard Meadow Mist, Aromaguard Mountain Mint, and now several more!
The challenge today is that we all become healthier this year, and this is a great place to start!
Liz James, RPh
NSHC Certified Health Coach & Wellness Educator
YL Brand Partner #1602257
“Making Wellness A Contagious Pursuit”