It’s pie baking day! #HappyThanksgivingEve
Here’s a recipe from my dear friend Danette Goodyear (tried, true, and DELICIOUS!!!).
Enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving prep day!
Agave Pumpkin Pie
* 1 12-inch pie crust (homemade or prepared organic einkorn, spelt, etc)
* 2 cups fresh pumpkin purée or one 15-ounce can pumpkin purée
* 3 eggs, lightly beaten
* ¼ cup whole milk or heavy cream (or less almond milk)
* ½ cup YL agave nectar, YL Yacon syrup or healthy sweetener of your choice
* ½ tsp ground allspice
* ½ tsp ground clove (or 1/2 drop YL Clove Vitality oil)
* 2 tsp ground cinnamon (or 2 drops YL Cinnamon Vitality oil)
* ½ tsp ground ginger (or 1/2 drop YL Ginger Vitality oil)
* ¼ tsp ground nutmeg (or 1/2 drop YL Nutmeg Vitality oil)
* ½ tsp sea salt
* Dash of cardamom (or 1/2 drop YL Cardamom Vitality oil)
👉 Preheat the oven to 375° F.
Combine the purée with the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir until well blended. Pour into the prepared pastry and bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until the crust is nicely-browned and the custard set. Let cool on a rack before serving. Makes one 8-inch pie (so I double this recipe for more pies!).
NOTE: I usually now do this WITHOUT the crust (grain-free!) and add an extra egg to make it more like a soufflé. Great to serve in individual ramekins. 😋👍 And I DON’T forget the whipped cream!
(If you have begun ruminating about getting healthy in 2021, and are currently in my Young Living Family ….. or would like to be! … let’s chat! I offer a free 30 min health coaching session to get you pointed in the right direction😘)